Hello everyone, welcome once again and I hope you all are doing great.
Sharing an exciting project today on my blog... an altered wooden heart - wall hanging. I had this wooden heart-shape wall decor base from long time and wanted to create something special this time. I decided to incorporate beauty and craft together in this project and looked-up into my stash for the things I could play with - hoping to create something wonderful... 😍
To begin with, I primed the base with 2 coats of white gesso. I did some stenciling using modelling paste and few stencils from Craftreat, randomly over the base. To embellish the base, I took few items like a rectangular resin frame, some clay mold leaves and corners, as well as , a chipboard piece of a lady.
Arranged the embellishments as I wanted and also used some clear cabochons and various sizes of art stones for added texture and glued them in and around the chipboard and frame. I also adhered some old paint brush on one side of the frame for interest.
Once again coated the whole arrangement with white gesso. Once dried I added colors starting with the lightest of the pink shade and gradually layering it with darker shades focusing on the corners - heat setting in between each layer I add on.
I did some highlighting on the arrangement with some peacock blue color using dry-brush technique and another layer of Nuvo gold mousse. Adhered the gold heat embossed chipboard embellishment, on top of the frame along with
a key-and-heart lock embellishment below the chipboard.
Now comes the fun part - adding flowers.... I used the medium size stamp from the Heartfelt Creations Wild Rose collection, stamped with Garden Patina archival ink on floral paper. Colored the petals using French Ultramarine and Prickly Pear archival inks. Stamped some leaves with Leaf Green archival ink on floral paper and colored using the same color along with some Buttercup archival ink. Die-cut the petals and leaves using coordinating dies, soaked them in water, dried and shaped them using embossing tools. After drying, stacked the petals with some pollens and then I applied Crystal clear glitter on all the flowers and leaves. I also used some small flowers from my stash which I had created earlier using DressMyCraft - Ruffled Rose dies.
Arranged the flowers and leaves around the frame and chipboard sentiment, along with my hand written sentiment - Be Beautiful, onto a die-cut piece from Heartfelt Creations - Tickets and Tags die collection. The sentiment piece was shaded using Rose Madder, Magenta Hue and Cactus Flower archival inks - to match with the entire project. Finally added some heart shaped clear water droplets to finish off the project.
I enjoyed making this project very much and the final look is amazing.... loved loved loved the outcome. Hoping to come up with new ideas and lovely projects soon. Bye all for now... stay safe and healthy.