Saturday, 30 January 2021

Altered Clock

Hello everyone.. today I have come up with another altered project - a wall clock.
I got the clock base from ICraft deisngs along with the mechanism. 
I created these textures for each section, but rolling a thin layer of air-dry clay on embossing folders. 
This was then glued on to each of the section and trimmed off the excess.
I gave a good base color for the clock that coordinated with the colors used on the sections od air-dry clay. 
Then layered with few designs of TransferMe sheets, which comes underneath the dial.

I used few more embellishments I created using air-dry clay and arranged them around the dial on top the sections. 
Finally applied 2 coats of varnish, giving plenty of drying time in between each layers.
 

Wednesday, 20 January 2021

Wall Hanging - customized

Hello  everyone... here Im sharing a project I created as per a customized requirement for gifting.
The background for the church was completely using water-colors. Were-as the church, the Nun and the little girl, I created using air-dry clay. To keep the clay intact on the surface, I covered them with soft tissue paper and glue and finally colored them as required.
As per the theme requested, I also added a candle on one of the bottom corner , which was again made using air-dry clay. The main background of the project was created like a brick wall, using chipboard pieces cut into brick shape.
Covered the whole surface with tissue paper and making textures randomly.

The flowers I crated using Oakberry Lane stamp and dies set from Heartfelt Creations. I also used few die-cuts from the Flowering Dogwood and doves stamp and dies set, for the project. Finally added wordings on either side of the completed project which was again given by the customer. I loved creating this project though it was bit tiresome, the results was wonderful.. 😊
 

Sunday, 3 January 2021

Fun with TransferMe sheets..!!

Hello everyone... here are few altered projects I created using the TransferMe sheets from DressMyCraft...
I have altered these 2 candles here, starting with applying chalk paint as I wanted.
Then layered on with the TransferMe sheets by fussy cutting them and arranging on the candles. The top of the candles are covered with Gold Foil and sprinkled some clear sparkling glitter over it. Finally added a flower arrangement with handmade flowers and twine.
The next project here is an altered stool and I loved making this the most. 
Even though it was a bit tedious work, I managed to get a wonderful result.
I started by sanding all the surfaces and edges with sand paper, filled few gaps with a mix of modelling clay and air-dry clay. 
Then started applying the chalk paints.
Later I used several designs of TransferMe sheets which coordinated with one another and once everything was dried, 
applied 2 coats wood varnish giving them a good drying time in between.
I love the TransferMe sheets from DressMyCraft, as they are very versatile to use in many different ways and also on various surfaces. The one wonderful thing I love about them is I can keep adding layers and layers of the designs and make a completely different pattern as I want. I will keep using the TransferMe sheets and hope to create even more projects in future... 😍

Handmade cards - Heartfelt Creations dies

Hello everyone... Here I'm sharing few of my cards I created for the month of May... All these cards are created using various Heartfelt...