Tuesday, 2 February 2021

Altered Violin Decor

Hello everyone... I would love to share my new project here - an altered violin. 
I wanted a bit of dimension for the violin, so I glued a thick cardstock strip along the edges of the violin base. Once all was dried and set, I used some clay embellishments along the handle of the violin, and adhered it to the base.
Later I applied 2 coats of cream colored chalk paint and once it dried, I distressed all the edges with some Rusty Hinge distress ink. I took few die-cuts from DressMyCraft classic doily die and Heartfelt Creations - Starry nights decorative dies, Sweetheart border dies; distressed them using the same Rusty Hinge ink and glued on the base.
I applied 2 coats of Aqua-stone varnish on the whole project and left for drying. Later, I created some flowers and leaves using the Delightful Daisies stamp and dies set from Heartfelt Creations on Vellum and adhered them with an arrangement as shown in the picture.
Finally I used some flat back pearls to add up the beauty of the project and completed with a final coat of spray varnish all over the flowers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mixed media layout - Wedding gift.

 Hello everyone.. today Im sharing another mixed media layout, I created as a Wedding gift. The base is 12x12 pattern paper from DressMyCraf...