Sunday, 10 March 2019

Altered Lantern

Hello all, here I'm sharing an altered project which was also created for the DT call from Heartfelt Creations.
I have created this as a DIY lantern with chipboard I found from YouTube and will be sharing the link below. 



Besides creating a simple DIY lantern, I wanted to alter it with flowers and vines, and chose to make using Art Foam(foamiran). I used colors that contrasts with the pattern paper used for the lantern.




This is how the finished lantern looks.


Please check through the instructions below to make this project.


Please click here to know more on creating the DIY lantern.
I have used 1mm chipboard measuring 5"x8"for the lantern body, the base measuring 5"x5"  and for the roof, a base of 5 1/2" and height of 6". 
 Adhere designer papers on all the cut  pieces including the body, base and the roof. Assemble and glue the pieces together with hot glue or any strong adhesive. For added 
interest, die cut different pattern papers with Scalloped border dies and adhere them to the lower edge of the roof as shown. Once set and dry, lightly sponge all the edges and corners of the lantern with Walnut Stain distress ink.
For the flowers, die cut some petals from cream colour art foam paper using flower dies. Colour the petals using soft pastels with blue on the edges and green on the centers. Use a heat gun or iron to heat and shape the petals as required. Stack and glue 3 petals 
each for a flower, with hot glue. Pierce each of the flower centers and add pink stamens as shown, and apply some sparkling dust glitter  using glossy accents.
Die cut few leaves from green card stock(2 green shades if required) using Leafy accents die, mist some water and shape the leaves. Once dry, sponge the leaves lightly with Walnut stain ink to bring out the details. Arrange the flowers and leaves as desired or as 
shown in the picture, and glue them on the lantern. Complete the lantern with some pearls and other desired embellishments. 
The lantern can be used as a showpiece by itself or place a battery candle inside(for realistic effect) by creating an open flap while assembly.

Products used:
1mm chipboard sheet(12"x12")
CrafTangles Scrapbook Paper Pack - Vintage Rosette (12"x12")
Spellbinders Open Scallop Edge Circles
Heartfelt Creations Leafy accents die
Dress My Craft Create A Flower - Flower Making Cutting Dies
Distress Inks - Walnut stain
Mungyo Soft Oil Pastels - Kadmium green(545),Sky blue(537)
Adhesives - B-6000, Ranger glossy accents,Red Tacky Tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prika Monthly challenge - Butterfly card

Hello all, sharing my second project for Prika monthly challenge. I have used a white card base measuring 5x7'' . I used anoth...