Wednesday, 25 September 2019

Altered Embroidery Hoop - PrikaAllAboutCrafts : Craft Enthusiast of the Week Feature.

Hello all, welcome to my blog again... 
Today I would like to share something new and an exiting work. 
This was a project I created for Prika as a feature for the weekly Craft Enthusiast, in their blog. I was so happy and excited that I have received an opportunity to showcase my work along with Prika and inspire all crafters out there. I will always be thankful to Prika and will keep creating and 
inspiring with wonderful projects as like in here..!!
Craft Enthusiast of the Week



Altered Embroidery Hoop

To begin with, I took 2 embroidery hoops (1 large and 1 small), attached a cotton cloth along with thin chipboard sheet to secure everything in place. This will make the base sturdy as well. Then I applied heavy white gesso on both the hoops and let it dry.


I took pattern papers from Craftangels - Wanderlust collection, cut it slightly smaller than the frames to fit inside it and distressed the edges with scissors and sponged all around the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink. To add texture for the base, I used modelling paste mixed with distress inks and applied it on both the pattern papers.


I also colored the frames with a mixture of white gesso and Peacock feathers distress ink. Once it was dry, I adhered the pattern papers securely to the hoop bases. I then secured the small frame to the larger one on the right hand side by gluing chipboard pieces beneath the small frame along with some thin wire to hold the frame from falling off.

Next I applied one-step crackle medium around the frame border and once that was dry, I applied a coat of color (white gesso + Amethyst metallic paint from Prima) on top of it. Later I used Papericious spritz in the color Baby pink and sprayed over the base to tone it down along with the color of the frame border.

I took some die-cut pieces along with few metal and clay embellishments (primed with white gesso) and distressed the edges of all the elements using Seedless Preserves, Mustard Seed and Vintage photo distress inks.

Here are the flowers and leaves I have planned to use in the project. I created them using Arianna blooms set and Delightful daisy set from Heartfelt creations and colored them using Archival inks. The filler flowers are made using Oakberry lane set from Heartfelt Creations along with some other foliage die-cuts.


After arranging and adhering all the elements, I used crystal clear glitter on the flowers and added some mixed colors of micro-beads around the frame. I then applied a coat of Vintage gold wax (Prima) to highlight the texture on the frame. Finally finished off by adding few clear water droplets.
Here are some more close-up looks of the project.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Prika Monthly challenge - Butterfly card

Hello all, sharing my second project for Prika monthly challenge. I have used a white card base measuring 5x7'' . I used anoth...